Sonic Discussion

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’m digging the IDW comics, I’m surprised it took me this long to jump in.
Better than the Archie run was. At least there haven’t been any swole uber-Tails fighting a God mammoth with the power of anime bullshit.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I’ve only read the first volume so far, but I own all of them up to 50 now.
First two arcs in hardback, and the rest in volume collections and back-issue comics.
We have a pretty thriving comic community in my hometown. Easy to get ahold of them.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Zincy
Unpopular opinion, but despite the Archie Sonic series’… questionable years, I still prefer it over IDW.
I kinda prefered how the Archie series was less limited, while IDW barely references any games’ continuity besides Forces, (stuff like the Team Racing adaption feel like different canons) and is limited to only places and characters in the modern Sonic games. (So no Sally, Nack, Ray, Mighty, Professor Von Schlemmer, ect.)
I dunno, I kinda prefered how Archie took many things from different Sonic canons and combined them with some unique things too.
Not saying IDW, but it just doesn’t interest me as much.
@Angrybrony
No wonder she’s popular. lol
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
Ugh, if it weren’t for this stupid credit card I’m still paying off I could’ve gotten Sonic Frontiers by now.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I actually prefer the more constrained theme of IDW.
Archie had great ideas, and a lot of creativity (plus as you said, a lot of sources).
But I think that became it’s greatest weakness too. It threw way too much at way to many things, and the result was a scattered soup of disparate ideas that is emblematic of one of the core issues with many long running comic series.
It was a fun, trippy, and creative ride, but it lacked coherence and narrative focus.
Posted Report
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I had a brain think recently about how the franchise has suddenly hit a stride and managed to draw back older fans like me.
And then I thought about the fact that this all coincided with Chris Chan getting arrested and locked up. Which makes me believe some sort of ancient curse was broken on the franchise when that terrible beast was finally vanquished by the Virginia Court system.
In all seriousness though, it’s interesting to see the Sonic franchise return to a luster. A really good game, popular show, movies that the internet had to bully into submission but turned out great, great comics, and lots of new shiny merchandise.
It also got me thinking about Mario, weirdly enough. And the great Nintendo holding pattern that he’s been in lately. In the Mario v. Sonic debate from the yesteryears I definitely fell on the Sonic side of things (though I also owned all the Nintendo consoles and do love the Mario franchise). Kind of amusing to see this play out.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Zincy
We did get Sonic Mania a few years back which was well received too, so he’s had some modern gems.
@Zincy
Maybe, but it still felt like the universe was bigger, had more backstory, had more events, introduced characters, and such. At least, in my opinion.
I even kinda liked the early goofy stories of Archie, back when it was basically, “The goofy AoStH cartoon combined with the plot/characters of SatA.M. with game storylines included.”
And I admit, I miss characters like say Nack the weasel, Sally, Scourge, or even goofy ones like Hal & Cal.
And yes, I’m aware Nack came back in that anniversary IDW issue, (I own the hardcover) though that was in the “Classic Sonic” canon, so it’s a shame old characters can’t mix with modern ones. (Due to Sega’s new rule/mandate that Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic are now different franchises…)
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
I should re-watch Sonic Prime, my first time binging the season I was sleep-deprived because I had to wake up super early to get to the Mall of America for the Nintendo mall tour, and I nodded off on the last few episodes.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide